Take a glimpse into the world through this designer’s eyes, and see who and what breeds the creativity that colors the homes of today.
1. I’m absolutely wild crazy about all the ravishing Vogue Living Books by Hamish Bowles (and Chloe Malle, too!) Country, City, Coast, House, Gardens, People.
2. De Gournay Porcelain Dinnerware by yours truly, Jeffrey Bilhuber (of course!).
3. I tend to favor scores from movies because they enhance the narrative and assist the telling of a deeper more meaningful story. Superb examples: The Shape of Water, Atonement, Manhattan, The King’s Speech, Moulin Rouge, and (don’t be surprised) Boogie Nights.
4. Not surprisingly I have found that using exotic textiles and compelling textures for pillows can completely transform a room.
5. I’m besotted with discovering new vendors, artisans or products, and use Instagram to build vendor relationships with many talented creators who have become key players in my own designs.
6. Tablescapes are a vastly underappreciated visual goldmine of opportunity that warrant more attention. I love a beautifully set table.
7. ‘21’ Club, the bastion of comradery in New York is one of my favorite spots to wine and dine and wine some more with friends.
8. Cathy B. Graham is one of the most enchanting and creative people I know.
9. I’ve gloried in my own homes to help me better understand the options my own clients must consider. These places have been great laboratories of opportunity where experiments with color and scale, period and place, style and substance, have yielded powerful results (and a few misfires) that I apply to my everyday work.
10. TEFAF. The European Fine Art Fair in New York (at the jaw-droppingly handsome Park Avenue Armory) is my first choice for antique fairs in this country.
Disclaimer: All imagery on this page is not property of The Perfect Room to claim rights to, nor are they belonging to. The Perfect Room gives all rights and photo credit to the photographers.