SOPHISTICATED & BROAD RANGE OF STYLE
Martyn Lawrence Bullard is a multi-award winning Los Angeles-based interior designer renowned for his broad range of styles and eclectic, yet sophisticated and inviting interiors. Martyn has been consistently named as one of the world’s top 100 interior designers by Architectural Digest, featured permanently in Elle Décor’s A-List, and named one of the top 25 designers by The Hollywood Reporter. A popular television personality, Martyn starred in the hit Bravo series, Million Dollar Decorators and hosted Channel 4’s Hollywood Me in the UK, along with a multitude of design television programs spanning over 65 countries.
Martyn’s impressive mastery of a broad range of styles, paired with his unrivaled attention to detail and commitment to quality has earned him significant international acclaim. His work has appeared in over 4,000 publications worldwide including Architectural Digest, ELLE Décor, House & Garden, W, Vogue, House Beautiful, Harper’s Bazaar, Departures, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Martyn’s A-list clientele include Kendall Jenner, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Tommy Hilfiger, Cher, Ellen Pompeo, and Eva Mendes, to name a few.
TAKE A GLIMPSE INTO THE PEOPLE AND PLACES THAT SPARK HIS CREATIVITY
1. Rome...the ancient city of love, lights and pasta. A constant inspiration, renewed by every corner you turn on every street and bypass.
2. Renzo Mongiardino’s books....the master decorator whose theatrical, set like interiors marked a golden age of historic restorative design, where flights of fantasy met unadulterated luxury and comfort flirted perfectly with quality and provenance.
3. Swimming in the Aegean in the summer. The water is so clear and sparkles turquoise against the rugged coastlines of the islands that seamlessly dot the coast. This water inspired me always, when I think back on it and my leisurely swims, my mind fills with all the thoughts and energy I need to inspire a new interior, fabric or color palette.
4. The Victoria and Albert Museum in London , with its fantastical decorative arts wing is always so inspiring. Treasures from every origin and century mix and mingle in such noble surroundings, often with exhibits so mouthwatering (like the David Bowie exhibition ) that feed you enough inspiration to last between my yearly visits.
5. The grand Bazaar in Istanbul, the world oldest covered shopping mall is always a great source of inspiration. Mingling with a cornucopia of cheap tourist souvenirs are dealers of fine antiquities, purveyors of silken Ikats and Suzanis imported from Uzbek, hand forged lantern makers, jewelers of magnificent craftsmanship, rug weavers in every style and leather smiths who create beautiful upholstery as well as fashions latest must haves. Where old meets new and traditions are passed from family generations with pride . The entire city is a wanderlusters paradise, yet the grand Bazaar is its crown jewel for any design savvy enthusiast and shopping addict like myself.