A DESIGNER INCORPORATING CLASSIC PROPORTIONS IN LIGHT FILLED SPACES
Over 25 years ago Rachel Ashwell had a very simple mission; to inspire, guide and educate households across the world to live beautifully and comfortably without care. To invest in practical solutions rather than meaningless decor and to surround oneself with treasures that bring joy and breathe life into a home. These have become the hallmarks of Rachel’s “Shabby Chic” philosophy; a way of living that has inspired households across the world. Currently Rachel Ashwell operates a store in Los Angeles and with partners in Tokyo, as well as an online Shabby Chic store offering high quality furniture, bedding, decor, and hand-picked flea market finds. Her “Simply Shabby Chic” collection is celebrating its 11th year at Target. Rachel also opened a bed and breakfast in Roundtop, Texas called “The Prairie”.
"I think the interior of a home should be a subtle experience, a feeling as much as a visual impact."
TAKE A GLIMPSE INTO THE PEOPLE AND PLACES THAT SPARK HER CREATIVITY
1. Out of Africa- I am inspired by the balance of romance, adventurous spirit and strong woman.
2. The Holiday - I am inspired by romance and seeing LA and England through different lenses.
3. Miss Potter- I am inspired by her passion, talent and dedications.
4. Enya- I am inspired by the emotion this music evokes with no words.
5. Adele- I am inspired by her excellence to her craft & how genuine she appears.
6. Bruce Springsteen- I am inspired by his raw articulate story telling.
7. My Rose Garden- I am inspired daily with the metaphoric lessons of patience, acceptance and beauty.
8. Round Top Flea-markets- I am inspired by endless vintage finds, paint finishes, patina, fabrics
9. Kensington Palace - I am inspired by the history and the architecture and decor
10. My Store. As silly as it sounds, I am always inspired going into my store and seeing the various designs come together. And how even after 30 years of being in and out of fashion there is a constant beauty that is forever relevant.